Tasty Travels in Pacific Grove, CA



Hi everyone!  Today's post is dedicated to a tasty experience I had while going out of town for a brief trip to Pacific Grove 😋!

To me, one of the most fun parts of going out of town is eating good food.  (I'm sure that's a real surprise to you all 😉!)  When visiting a coastal area, in this case, Pacific Grove, eating at a restaurant while overlooking an ocean at least once on your trip is a must.

I am prefacing this post by saying that it is not sponsored; I am simply giving an honest review of a restaurant I enjoyed recently.

Enter The Beach House restaurant.  This literally homey restaurant has a patio area that overlooks the sparkling Pacific Ocean surrounded by lots of rocks.  As you can imagine, this view is quite beautiful.

But the main requisite of eating out when out of town is that the food has to be good; you can be at the restaurant that has the best view in the world but if the food there is gross, the whole experience is for naught.  The beauty of The Beach House restaurant is that it boasts an incredible view and delicious food 😋!

The meal started out very simply but tastily; soft, warm bread was brought out in a french-fry holder lined with retro-looking newspaper-print, food-safe paper.  Alongside the bread was served a sphere of creamy, salted butter.  In my opinion, one of the best things in the world is good bread and butter, so that was definitely a win for me!



I think I can safely say that you really cannot go wrong with what you order at The Beach House.  However, I am going to tell you a few dishes that I've ordered from there and enjoyed.

One dish is a juicy pork chop topped with a tart-sweet fruit chutney over a bed of creamy mashed potatoes.



Another dish from The Beach House that I enjoy is the juicy chicken coated in savory bread crumbs with rich mashed potatoes, bright spinach, sweet butternut squash.  Just look at the beautiful presentation of this dish 😍!



Last, but not least, I must tell you my favorite dish from The Beach House.  It is comprised of perfectly cooked pasta generously topped with a gooey, umami-rich pesto cream sauce, studded with chewy sun-dried tomatoes, and adorned with succulent shrimp.



All in all, if you're visiting Pacific Grove or are in proximity to that area and are looking for a restaurant that serves tasty food with a beautiful ocean view that won't break the bank, I highly recommend paying a visit to The Beach House.  (See this website for the restaurant menu.)  I hope you enjoy this restaurant as much as I did!

That's all for now!  Don't forget to follow me on Instagram!  I look forward to posting again on Monday 😊.


Comments