Updated Post- Snickerdoodles



Hi everyone!  Happy first Friday of fall!  (Boom!  Just used a rhetorical device...wow; I'm an English nerd 😂🤓.)  Let's kick off the weekend with cookies!



Today, I'm sharing with you a recipe that is already on my blog:  snickerdoodles!  You might be wondering why I'm resharing these gems with you today.  The answer is threefold.  First of all, my original pictures are beyond cringy 😂.  Second, it's fall, which means cinnamon-spiced desserts are on the agenda.  Lastly, these snickerdoodles that I'm sharing with you today do not require cream of tartar 🎉!



Here's the story behind today's recipe:  A few weeks ago, I was going to make cookies for a social event at my church.  Being the weird food blogger that I am, I went to my blog and quickly searched up my original  post on a snickerdoodle recipe so that I could make it (If you are a food blogger and have done the same thing, now you know you're not alone 😂.)  I went to the spice drawer in my kitchen to get the cream of tartar that the original recipe called for but to my chagrin, there was an insufficient amount of cream of tartar left.  Disappointed but determined, I googled "snickerdoodles recipe without cream of tartar."  That's when I found this recipe.  It looked good so I decided to give it a go.  (I did slightly tweak it.) (By the way, later in the dough-making process,I had to borrow sugar from a neighbor because I ran out 😂.  Crazy, right?!)



After a short spell in the oven, the cinnamony and sugary dough balls were transformed into puffy, delightful cookies!  These are definitely party and weekend perfect.

Also, to make sure I give credit where credit is due, the first in the post comes courtesy of Beth.

That's all for now.  Don't forget to follow me on Instagram!  I look forward to posting again on Monday 😊.

Snickerdoodles

  • 2.75 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 1/3 cups + 2 T. granulated sugar, divided
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1.  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, then line two cookie sheets with parchment paper, setting aside.
2.  Sift the first three ingredients together into a medium bowl, then set aside.
3.  In a large bowl using an electric or hand mixer, beat together the butter and 1 1/3 cups sugar on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about three minutes.
4.  Mix in the eggs.
5.  Reduce speed to low, then gradually beat in the flour mixture until combined.
6.  Set the dough aside.
7.  In a small bowl, stir together the reserved 2 tablespoons of sugar and the ground cinnamon.
8.  Using a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop, shape the dough into balls and roll each one in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
9.  Place the dough balls in 4 rows of three on each prepared cookie sheet.
10.  Bake the dough balls in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, rotating the sheet halfway through.
11.  This recipe yields 24-30 cookies.
12.  Enjoy, storing cookies at room temperature for up to 3 days and freezing for at least a month.


Comments