1. Popcorn is Easy to Make
Seriously. Like 4 ingredients plus a popcorn popper (or pot) plus like 10 minutes. That's it.
2. Popcorn is Cheap to Make
Think about it. Corn, oil, and salt are some of the cheapest ingredients ever. Plus, a bit of butter never broke the bank.
3. Popcorn is Delicious
Let's face it: Studies that have not yet taken place show that 99.9% of people love popcorn 😉. But seriously, who doesn't like popcorn? (If you don't, don't talk talk to me 😜.)
So there you have it: All the inspiration you'll ever need to make an awesome snack that beats the Monday slump. Have fun!
· 1 cup popcorn kernels, divided
· ¼ cup canola oil, divided
· 3 T. unsalted butter, melted
· Salt to taste
11. Grease your popcorn popper with 2 T. of the canola oil.
22. Let the oil heat up and test its heat with 2-3 popcorn kernels.
33. Once the oil is hot, add ½ cup of the popcorn kernels and crank away until the crank stops and/or until popping sounds are infrequent.
44. Repeat steps 1-3 with the other half of the divided ingredients.
55. Drizzle with butter and top with salt, mixing until all the popped corn in coated evenly
66. Enjoy for up to 3 days, storing at room temperature.
*Note: The amount of kernels and oil will differ depending upon the popcorn popper you use. I used the Whirley-Pop popcorn popper.