Happy National S'mores Day + Doughboys
Hey y'all! I'm changing things up a little on this blog. Starting now, I'm going to be doing posts on some of our national food holidays. I was made aware by this post from here
that yesterday was national s'mores day! Which is super exciting because I get to talk to you guys about one of my favorite desserts: dough boys!!!
Essentially, a dough boy is a s'more on steroids ( don't take this literally 😉). No, but a dough boy is actually just a biscuit round that is put on a cylindrical stick, roasted over a fire, and then stuffed with sugary goodies. Basically a dough boy is a piece of heaven. Plus, my friend Beth noted that dough boys are not sticky and messy like s'mores, which makes them superior to them.
1. The Basics
- The stick - needs to be long and cylindrical.
- The biscuit- an unbaked round that is molded around the stick .
- The fire- needs to be open like a campfire.
- The goodies- You could try any candy, but I enjoyed mini marshmallows, caramels, and chocolate.
- The product- a golden brown, hollow biscuit filled to the brim with s'more goodies!
I know that all that was pretty confusing, so just watch this tutorial and it will explain. My only critiques to the tutorial would be to use a regular piece of biscuit dough, most a small and use chocolate and marshmallows because they are awesome 😉.