Julia Child's Birthday + 3 Things Every Foodie Needs to Do Before Going to Paris

Hey peeps!  A few days ago was Julia Child's birthday!  In order to honor this amazing American chef, I thought it'd be perfect to talk about a few things that every foodie needs to do before going to Paris.  As you know, I'm going to Paris , so I've done these three things.  Do these things in this order and you will be thoroughly prepped to enjoy every foodie experience that comes your way in the city of lights!

1.  Read Julia Child's Book, "My Life in France"

This is a moderate-sized read in which Julia talks about the experiences she had in France and how she and two  other women wrote the cookbook that is now the standard for french cooking in America.  You can purchase this book here.

2.  Watch the "Julie and Julia" Movie

I just watched this movie a few weeks ago having already read the book above, and it really helped to give some context to this movie.  Essentially "Julie and Julia" is a movie that is based on two true stories:  Julia Child's life in France and Julie Powell's experience cooking her way through this cookbook by Julia Child.  Apparently, there is a book by Julie Powell recalling her experience that is relayed in this film, but I haven't got a chance to read it yet.  Have any on you guys read it?  If so, how was it?  Please let me know my commenting on this post!  You can buy the "Julie and Julia" movie here.

3.  Watch the Movie, "Ratatouille"

First of all, I spelled this word wrong but spell check helped me out 😉.  This movie is a very lighthearted film about a rat who loves to cook and finds out that all his life, he has been living under Paris.  In a crazy chain of events, the rat ends up working in a once-great restaurant in Paris.  My favorite quotes from the movie?:  "Anyone can cook!" and "I like food, okay?"  You can get this classic animated film here.

So that's it guys!  Let me know what you thought about the book and movie in this post and have a great weekend!

Comments

  1. I love Ratatouille! Have fun in Paris, bestie!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ratatouille is a great movie, right?! I had a lot of fun in Paris :).

      Delete
  2. Ooh, Ratatouille. I was always scared of that movie and noe refuse to watch it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment