Rafael is Introduced to Solid Foods For the First Time!!

Happy Monday! Today, I'm not going to be bringing you a new recipe, but I am going to tell you a little bit about something very exciting and food-related in my life that just happened.


I'm sure y'all remember Rafael from last Friday's post.  (The post from about a week and a half ago) If you don't, he's my adorable nephew who just turned 6 months old a week ago!  Not only does that mean he's halfway through his first year, it means that he also gets to try solid foods!


Maybe this doesn't seem like the hugest deal because solid food is something that we eat everyday to live, but I think it's pretty cool. I get to help teach him how to love good food!

It was really special because since his family and my family live in the same town, I got to see Rafael experiencing solid food for the very first time!  Now just so y'all know, Rafael's teeth haven't come in yet, so it's not like he got to chew the food.  One tooth is coming in, though!  However, he did get to suck on various kinds of solid food and experience their various flavors and textures.


So are you wondering what foods Rafael sampled.  Here's a little list:  I took a picture of a few of them above (Avocado, cucumber, and pear)
-  Avocado
-  Banana
-  Pear
-  Cooked carrot
-  Cucumber
-  Chicken
-  Sausage
-  Split pea soup

Rafael liked pretty much everything except the split pea soup and the sausage.  When he tasted both of those, he made a face as if to say, "This is icky 😣!"  His favorite food was the cucumber, probably because its coldness soothed his gums which  hurting as he is teething. 
Even though for his first year he won't be eating much, I'm so excited to see Rafael's journey with trying new things. Based on how chubby he is, I know that as he gets older, he'll be a great eater 😍😉!




Comments

Post a Comment