From the Heart- Vascular Study Tomorrow!

Hi everyone!  I hope your Tuesday has been terrific!  Mine has been pretty good 😊.

I wanted to use today's "from the heart" post to talk to y'all about an appointment I have tomorrow.

First of all, if you are not familiar with my medical condition, you might want to check out this post.  In summary, I have a complex congenital heart defect that makes my life an adventure!

Thankfully, although I don't have to go to many cardiology appointments ( with my pacemaker I think I go to a total of 3 routine check-ups per year), if something isn't quite right or I need to follow up with my cardiologist or electrophysiologist  about something, I'll go more times than that.

Because of my heart condition, I have poorer circulation.  For some reason, my circulation is particularly poor in my right leg.  By particularly poor, I mean more noticeably poor.  For example, my right foot is a slightly purple and a tad swollen as is my right leg, which is different than my left foot and left leg.  Also this leg and foot has vericose veins.  At my last cardiology appointment, my cardiologist said that some blood vessels might be obstructed in my right leg and that he would like to get those looked at, so that's what's happening tomorrow.  But I want you to be aware that this is NOT a serious situation, so please don't worry about me πŸ˜‰.

Essentially, what will be happening tomorrow is that I will have the veins in my abdominal area "looked at" internally via ultrasound and then the veins in my right leg looked at in the same way.  This whole process will take at least 3 hours ☹.   Plus, I'm not supposed to eat for 6 hours before the abdominal ultrasound, but it is first thing in the morning so that's not a big deal.  I'm a pretty energetic person and a foodie so that won't be the most fun for me, but God will give me grace and I am going to see if I will be able to listen to some podcasts to redeem the time and distract my growling stomach😊.

Do you listen to podcasts?  What's your favorite podcast?   Have you ever had a vascular study done?  Let me know in the comments below!

I'll let you know what the results of the ultrasound are.  By results I mean what is going on in the veins, if I need to have any procedure to get them fixed, and if so, what the best treatment plan is.

Have a great week, everyone!

Comments