Tasty Travels in Nevada City, CA

Hi everyone!   Yesterday, I posted another medical post about my pacemaker and the new monitoring system that I got for it in the mail recently!  I'm sorry that I didn't post this yesterday, even though I said I would  on my instagram story (linked below)  😔.  You can see that post about it here. 

Anyways if you saw on my instagram story, I went to Nevada City on Monday.  After a refreshing hike, my parents and I needed to chow down.

We came across a Mexican restaurant.  Its lights were dim, so we weren't sure at first if it was even open.  However, my mom saw a man come out of the restaurant and he essentially said that he had pretty high standards for Mexican food and that this restaurant was pretty good.  After hearing that statement, our decision to go to the Mexican restaurant called Mi Pueblo (My Town) was confirmed.

My parents and I decided to order a burrito bowl with chicken, corn tortillas on the side, and a super burrito with carnitas (roasted pork) to share.  We got that plus unlimited chips and salsa for about $20.

The burrito bowl was good, and big too.  There was a good amount of chicken in it, but I would say a little too much lettuce.I   I love veggies, but a burrito bowl shouldn't be a salad.  What I did appreciate about the burrito bowl, though, was that it had a generous amount of guacamole, which I love.   (It's pictured below.)



 I loved the carnitas burrito, though 😋!  The tortilla tasted homeade and fresh.  As in the burrito bowl, there was a good amount of guacamole and the burrito.  There was also lots of carnitas packed in, and those carnitas were packed with lots of good flavor.

To top the meal off, the salsa was delicious and so were the corn tortillas!

We were all STUFFED after splitting all that food.  That's saying something considering that my parents and I all have fairly big appetites for good food.

The picture at the top of the post is also on my instagram story, which I linked to earlier in the post.

I'll "see" y'all again on Monday for a new post:  muffins 😀!

Comments