Tasty Travels in Morro Bay, CA

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram

Hi everyone!  Happy Friday!  I want to tell y’all about the tasty food I had last weekend while in Morro Bay, California.

1.  Tacos de Mexico 🌮

Although I didn’t actually end up getting tacos at this restaurant, I had some pretty legit Mexican food!    I recommend the wet burritos and enchiladas from here...so good!  As for meat, you probably can’t go wrong with anything but the chile colorado and chile verde were super flavorful and authentic 😋!  Definitely a very casual eatery, so don't worry about dressing up.


   2. La Parisienne 

  If y'all didn't know already, I love Paris and because of my heart condition, I had the incredible privilege of going on a trip there funded by the Make-a-Wish Foundation.  It was an amazing experience that I'll remember for the rest of my life. If you want to learn more about it, click here.  So when my family and I heard about this bakery while in Morro Bay, we knew we had to try it.  I'm sure that everything at the bakery is good, from the creative cookies to the artful fruit tarts, but I tried a crusty loaf of French bread and a pastry topped with candied nuts and swirled with cinnamon.  Both were very tasty 😋!




   3.  Bayside Café
   
If you're looking for an eating environment for a group, you've come to the right place!  The outdoor seating is perfect for your a family gathering.  While there's lots of tasty food choices here, you should start your meal off right with some authentic SoCal nachos topped with a plethora of beans, cheese, guacamole, and sour cream.  And no authentic nachos are complete without some fresh salsa, which is both zesty and pretty.  



When in Morro Bay, it's imperative that you get a taste of a dish that features some fresh-from-the-ocean local seafood.  I highly recommend the clam chowder bread bowl from this café.  The yeasty flavor of the bread combines with the creamy chowder filled with briny clams for an indulgent and memorable meal.


Where do you guys like to eat when on vacation?  Let me know in the comments below!

I'll "talk" to y'all again on Monday!

Comments