Banana Pancakes



Hi everyone!  Happy Friday!  First of all, I apologize for not posting Monday; life has been busy, but I still want to do my best to stick to my commitment to post Monday's and Friday's as much as possible.

It feels like I haven't "talked" to you all in a while.  How are you all doing?  This week was a packed week for me, but that's fine 😊.  One big event in my life that I remembered on Wednesday was getting a pacemaker as Wednesday was the 3rd year anniversary of my pacemaker placement.  I am so thankful that God provided me the chance to receive that pacemaker because it has allowed me to live a healthy life.  If you want to read more about my story in regards to getting a pacemaker, click here!

Now, onto the real purpose of today's post:  to share with you all a recipe that you really should make this weekend: pancakes!

What do you think of when you think of pancakes?  I would guess that most people envision a tall stack of fluffy, white pancakes topped with a hefty pat of velvety butter and drowned in a stream of sticky syrup.  Sounds delicious, but far from nutritious, right?  The pancakes that I'm sharing with you today defy the pancake stereotype because they are super nutritious yet taste indulgent 😋.  Speaking of food stereotypes, you should watch this video.  I can relate to it 😂.

You might be wondering what makes these pancakes so wholesome yet satisfying.  Well, they are mostly oats and bananas, which, as I said in this post are two very nutritious ingredients.  In fact, they get 100% of their sweet flavor from the bananas, without any added sweeteners! To achieve pancake nirvana, however, the oats are ground up into a flour, so these pancakes don't have the same texture as the afore-linked banana oat muffins.  I wonder why bananas and oats go so well together.  Maybe its because oats are chewy and bananas are soft and sweet.  The textural contrast between these two ingredients certainly makes them the perfect combination in healthy treats.

While these banana pancakes are flavorful all on their own, they are really delicious when topped with high-quality butter and blueberries 😋.

I tweaked this recipe to bring you today's recipe.

That's all for now.  Don't forget to follow me on Instagram.  I look forward to posting again on Monday 😊.



Banana Pancakes
  • 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
  • 2 T. coconut oil, melted
  • 2 tsp. lemon juice or vinegar
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, plus more as needed
  • 1 cup oat flour
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp, ground nutmeg
  • Vegetable oil, for greasing the pan
1.  In a large bowl, combine the wet ingredients, stirring until well combined and then set aside.
2.  In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
3.  Add the combined dry ingredients to the combined wet ingredients, whisking just until combined.
4.  Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes.
5.  While the mixture sits, heat a sauté pan over medium-low heat, then grease with vegetable oil.
6.  Pour 1/4 cupfuls of the batter onto the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on one side until bubbles start to form around the edges of the pancake.
7.  Flip the pancake and cook for another 90 seconds or until golden brown on the bottom.
8.  Repeat the process until all the batter is gone.
9.  Enjoy, storing leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days.




Comments

Post a Comment