From the Heart- A Beautiful Reminder, an Amazing Story, + A Possible Bruise Cure

Hi everyone!  Happy Friday!  I saw that the last time I blogged a "from the heart" post was over a month ago 😮!  If you missed my last "from the heart" post, click here!

By God's mercy, my health has been good 🙌!  However, I do want to tell you all a little bit about the medical shenanigans this last month.

If you all recall, I had a couple of heart procedures done on August 3rd.  If you didn't see my post about that adventure, click here!  One event that occurred in the checking in portion of August 3rd was that a Bible verse was read to me.  It was Philippians 4:6-7, which reads, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."  I follow a daily Bible reading schedule, and the reading for October 3rd included those same verses!  I found it pretty amazing how exactly two months after my heart procedures, I read the same verses that were read to me before I went into the cath lab.  I think of it was a beautiful reminder of God's sovereignty and a reminder of how to deal with the cares of life. Now that I think about it,  it is as if God was saying through that divine coincidence, "I brought you through August 3, 2018.  I can and will bring you through all of life if you trust fully in me."

While I'm on the topic of beautiful things, I was informed of a news story recently about a little baby named Ivy Finn who was born with HLHS (what I was born with!) and intact atrial septum.  She had the first of a kind of in-utero surgery performed on her to help fix her intact atrial septum and it went very well!  She was born recently and as far as I know, had a successful first surgery in the trio of open-heart surgeries required to deal with HLHS 🎉!  I thought that it was ironic how she had the same exact heart condition as me and how she was the pioneering patient for the in-utero surgery that dealt with her intact atrial septum.  There are more details about Ivy's story in this video posted by her parents on YouTube before she was born.

Lastly, a recommended video on YouTube for me was one that talked about possible ways to prevent and help heal bruises.  They included arnica and bromine.  I thought that that was really interesting, especially since I bruise easily and frequently between being on two blood thinners and being a klutz 😜.  I will keep you posted if I try any of the remedies from that video!  If you want to see the whole video, click here!

That's all for now.  Don't forget to follow me on Instagram!  I look forward to posting again on Monday 😊.

Comments