Tasty Travels in San Francisco, CA





Hi everyone!  Happy Monday!  Today, I'm going to share with you a tasty treat to try if you find yourself in the city by the bay 😋!  To see my last travel post, click here!

There is so much to see and do in San Francisco.  At some point this year, I'm going to get to savor a day admiring the beautiful artwork in two renown art museums in the city.  But, as with any big city, there is so much to EAT too!

You might think that in this post, I'll guide you to some hole-in-the-wall eatery in San Francisco.  But what if I told you that instead, one of the sweetest eats in the city was at Macy's in Union Square.  Would you believe me?  Well, you better because that's exactly what I'm going to do!

If you're like me and avoid clothes shopping but because your mother insists that you be well-dressed you go to Macy's, you might think that there is no hope for any enjoyment during this perilous time.  This is not so!  Should you be shopping at the Union Square Macy's, you'll find upon entering a beacon of light, a ray of hope: Tout Sweet Patisserie.

This pastry shop offers a variety of delicious foods, but I must highly recommend their macarons.  Let me set something straight:  macaroons are not the same thing as macarons; the former are chewy cookies comprised primarily of shredded coconut; the latter are are sweet, almond flour cookies sandwiched together with a decadent frosting or fruit curd.  Tout Sweet sells macarons.

When you see the macaron selection at Tout, you might not know where to begin.  In this post, I want to share with you two types of macarons from there that I highly recommend.

1.  Caramel 

This decadent macaron consists of two small, sweet, tasty cookies that are sandwiched together with rich caramel 😋.   Even though the cookie itself is not brilliantly colored on its own, its sprinkled with shimmering edible paint, which makes it eye-catching.

2.  Chocolate

You really can't go wrong with chocolate.  Two rich, cocoa-infused cookies are decked with a lush chocolate filling.  Simple and always good 😋.

Let me know in the comments below if you've stopped at Tout Sweet Patisserie and if you already have, what you've enjoyed from there!  Even though I like their macarons, learning how to make these finicky cookies from scratch is on the docket for 2019 (my guess is that it will require trial and error and will, therefore, be a recipe testing post.

That's all for now.  Don't forget to follow me on Instagram!  I look forward to posting again on Friday 😊 (hopefully some yummy muffins 😋).

Comments