From The Heart- Vascular Studies Update + Next Step

Hi everyone!  So remember how I told you about my upcoming vascular study?  Well, I had it on Wednesday and am so thankful that it went better than expected!  God definitely blessed it 🙌!

I thought that I would have to have 2 separate ultrasounds; One on my abdominal area from 8 am.-9 a.m. and then one of my right leg from 10 a.m. - 12 or 1 p.m.  Thankfully, I got both ultrasounds done at one time.  Plus, it  all took less than an hour and a half 😃!  I don't know why my mom and I got information that was pretty much opposite of what ended up happening, but it wasn't a big deal.  Shout out to Erika, the technologist who did my ultrasounds.  She was super nice, efficient, and yet thorough.  For me, that is a great combination in anyone who is caring for my medical needs.

There's some good news and some ok news.  The good news is that it looks like there is not any blockage in the veins in my legs, at least not that Erika could see.  Of course, she couldn't totally guarantee that because she is not a doctor, but I think she had a good idea of what was going on.  The ok news is that she did see some vein blockage in my right upper leg.  I call this "ok" news because it is not perfect news, but it also may provide the opportunity for my overall blood circulation and health to be improved.

So a couple of days after that appointment, my cardiologist called my mom and said that after having looked at the results of the ultrasound, he thinks that I should have an appointment with the vascular surgeon and that the office will be calling to see when we want my appointment to be.

So that's the next step!  I'll keep you guys posted!


Comments