From the Heart- Pacemaker Confusion, More Info on Summer Procedures, Weird Medical Dream, and Compression Stockings!

Hi everyone!  How was your Easter?  I loved spending time with family and friends.  Today, I wanted to give you a medical update!

So to start off, I had been having some confusion on which pacemaker monitoring system to use.  I got a new monitoring system, but I was confused because my old monitoring system was easier to use.  I tried to send in a pacemaker transmission via my old monitoring system, but after 2 attempts, no data was sent.   So I called up the pacemaker company and the kinks easily got  worked out!  I hadn't been able to do a transmission on the old system because I had got disconnected from it.  The customer service representative connected me back to the old system, so now I can do pacemaker transmissions and insurance should cover it!  I successfully  sent in a transmission right after that conversation.  If something looked really wrong with how my pacemaker or heart is functioning, a person from the pacemaker company would have called by now to let me know, just like they did for my atrial tachychardia episode, but I haven't gotten a call, so all is well by God's grace!   From this confusing situation, I learned that since I'm getting to be almost an adult, I need to be my own advocate when it comes to my medical care. 

I also found out more regarding my summer procedures!  The procedures have to be done on a Friday and then I will go home the next day if all goes well.  I'll let y'all know more details and the exact date I will be having these procedures as the date approaches, but for now, the procedures are scheduled for early August.

While I'm on the topic of my summer procedures,  I thought I'd let y'all know that the other night, I had a super weird dream that I was about to have them.  In my dream, I wasn't allowed to eat before the procedures (which IRL will probably be the case because I will be going under general anesthesia), so I was tired and weak.  Oh well, I know it won't be too bad!  I'm a general anesthesia veteran, so I have an idea of what to expect 😉.

Also, in the near future, I will be going on a field trip to Boston!  Of course, this will require a long flight.  With my HLHS, my circulation is poorer, so to help prevent any blood clots, I will be wearing compression stockings on the flights!  I have not flown much in my life and my circulation hasn't been a problem until a year or so ago, so I need to get some compression stockings!  Do y'all have any recommendations?  Let me know in the comments below! 

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram! 

I'll "talk" to y'all again on Friday 😊!


Comments