Peanut Butter Cup Energy Bites

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram!

Hi everyone!  Need a delicious, simple, healthy, and on-the-go snack for the week ahead?  Then this recipe is for you!


Let's face it-  snacks are the best.   Whether it's the jar of almonds you munch on at work or the granola bar you chow down on the way to the gym, snacks always hit the spot.  But let's admit it-  the same old granola bars or trail mix or beef jerky get old.  And they get old fast.

Don't get me wrong;  I love granola bars.  (Doubt me?  Just look here.)  I also love trail mix and beef jerky, as I mentioned in this post.  But there comes a time when I need a new and exciting snack.  And that time is now!

Since the time for a new snack adventure is now,  I'm sharing these peanut butter cup energy bites with y'all today.  Never heard of an energy bite?  They're basically no-bake cookies, but more nutritious.  How?  Well, they're packed with oats, chia seeds, flax seeds, and peanut butter, all heart-healthy sources of protein. So they're not technically bites of energy, but that sounds cool to say that 😉.

At any rate, these little gems are nutritious and delicious, so you should definitely make them!

I slightly tweaked this recipe to bring you today's recipe.

I'll "see" y'all again on Friday!

Peanut Butter Cup Energy Bites

  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter ( I like JIF and Skippy)
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
  • 1/4 cup chia seeds
  • 1/4 shredded unsweetened coconut
  • 1/4 cup ground flax seed
  • 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1.  In a medium bowl, stir all of the ingredients together until well-combined.
2.  Using a a tablespoon, scoop spoonfuls of the mixture and shape each tablespoonful into a ball.
3.  Enjoy, storing in the fridge for up to 5 days.

Comments