Tasty Travels in Boston, MA

Hi everyone!  So, as promised, I am telling y'all about my trip to Boston!  Although the purpose of the trip was not to eat my way through Boston, I enjoyed delicious food while I was there.   I want to tell you all about it!

1.  Redline Pizza

To preface this, I want to let you know that this post is not sponsored.  The first place I ate in Boston was Redline Pizza.  It was very conveniently located to- you guessed it-  the redline!  I ordered a personal pesto chicken pizza (shown below).  It was very tasty!  I appreciated that the pizza had a generous amount of toppings and tasted fresh.  However, it was a little too greasy (maybe because of the profuse amount of cheese).  I would give the pizza at this  restaurant a 4.5/5 rating.

2.  Mike's Pastry

If you go to Boston, you have to stop at the quintessential Mike's Pastry, which is conveniently in close proximity to Harvard.  Maybe Mike's Pastry is where Harvard students get their brain food.  Who knows?  Anyways, I'm sure all of the treats at Mike's Pastry are good, but make sure you try the cannoli.  If you're wondering what cannoli is (I didn't know what is was either), it's basically a sweetened and flavored ricotta cheese mixture piped into a deep-fried pastry shell.  When I went, I got the chocolate chip cannoli (shown below), which consisted of a chocolate ricotta filling stuffed in a pastry shell whose sides are rolled in mini chocolate chips.  It was so good!  It was not overly sweet, but it was definitely decadent.  Maybe it was just my imagination, but the leftover cannoli had a more vivid flavor the next day!  I would give Mike's Pastry a 5/5 for it's excellent cannoli!


3.  Durgin Park

I will be honest here-  Durgin Park was not my favorite restaurant that I went to while in Boston.  However, it's clam chowder was delicious.  As an aside, Durgin Park is located near Quincy Market, so you can check off two items on your Boston foodie tour checklist.   Rich, creamy, and peppered with clam meat, the clam chowder from Durgin Park (shown below) was all I could have asked for!  Make sure you put the oyster crackers on the soup; they add salty flavor and textural contrast!  I would give the clam chowder at Durgin Park a 5/5.


4.  Tasty Burger

True to its name, Tasty Burger is tasty ๐Ÿ˜‹!  It's also in close proximity to Fenway Park.  I ordered the spicy jalepeรฑo burger (shown below).   It sure delivered and was true to its name!  It was spicy, indulgent, and delicious!  It was a little spicier than I expected.    I would give the burgers at Tasty Burger a 4.5/5


5.  Eat Like a Pilgrim

If y'all go to Plimoth, MA, you've got to do their  "Eat Like a Pilgrim" dinner.   You should also go visit the plantation...so cool!   Essentially, a meal is prepared that consists of typical pilgrim fare.  Also, since the pilgrims did not use forks as they wee not commonly available, no forks are provided!  I was served whole grain bread with cheddar cheese and fruit, roasted turkey, mashed squash, and Indian pudding (basically gingerbread pudding).  It was a tasty meal ๐Ÿ˜‹!  I and the girls and I was dining with especially enjoyed the rich, nutty cheddar cheese.  In fact, one of the girls did a spoof version of "Fight Song" involving the cheese, which was pretty hilarious ๐Ÿ˜†.  Some of the flavoring on the food was unique and a little strong for my taste, so I would give this meal a 4/5.


6.  Friendly's

If you are an ice cram lover and are on the East Coast, you've got to go to Friendly's.  The ice cream is so rich and creamy.  I got a mint chocolate chip sundae with chocolate fudge on top, which was delicious ๐Ÿ˜‹!  And let's be honest-  can you get much better than than saying in the frame (shown below)?


7.  Boston Shwarma 

I'll be honest-  the shwarma at Boston Shwarma was different than I was expecting.  I ordered the beef shwarma (shown below).  I was expecting a roasted steak, but it turned out to be more like a beef brat, which was still good.  The shwarma reminded me of a cross between a brat, a sandwich, and an actual shwarma, which was not a bad thing,  Also, it was huge!  All in all, I would give the shwarma a 4/5.

8.  Abigail's Tea Room

If you go to to the Boston Tea Party Museum, don't forget to stop at Abigail's tea room.  I purchased the cranberry orange scone (pictured below).  It was a little drier than I would have liked and wasn't bursting with orange flavor, but it was still indulgent and tasty ๐Ÿ˜‹.  I have a feeling it would be amazing toasted and eaten with a steaming cup of coffee.  I would give the cranberry orange scone a 4/5.


9.  Master Wok

I will preface this by saying that Master Wok is not a special restaurant, but it does have tasty take-out style Chinese food.  It's also conveniently located in South Station, which makes it a great option if you need a grab-and-go meal before you catch the subway or bus.   Order the chow mien with broccoli and grilled chicken (shown below) for a tasty combination that I would give a 5/5.


Don't forget to follow me on Instagram!


Comments