Raspberry Almond Coffee Cake


Don't forget to follow me on Instagram!

Hi everyone!  How was your Mother's Day weekend?  I had a great weekend with my family πŸ’–.  If you want to hear more about my excursion, click here.  One of the things in life that brings my heart a lot of joy is sharing good food with those I love, so to in some small way show my love for my mom, I made her the cake she requested.  And I'm sharing the recipe for that cake with y'all today!


I think I can safely say that this is one of the tastiest things I have ever made.  I'm no chef, but I have been in the kitchen for a few years and have made some yummy stuff (with recipes of course).  But seriously, this cake is the bomb!

There's two main parts to this incredible dessert:  the cake and the topping.  I'm going to briefly break down both parts.


1.  The Cake

The cake is a simple almond cake.  A smidgen of almond extract imparts a beautiful, nutty flavor.  Just a heads up, the batter will be thick but that's totally normal 😊.

2.  The Topping

The almond cake can hold its own without any accompaniment, but the trifecta of a topping really takes the cake πŸ˜€.  The raspberries add tart-sweet flavor and become jammy when baked.  The slivered almonds add a bit of textural crunch and perfectly complement the almond-flavored cake.  And the streusel is mostly butter and brown sugar.  Need I say more? 

So if you're looking for a tasty, seasonal dessert, you've found the right recipe.  Happy weekend baking!

I slightly tweaked this recipe to bring you today's recipe.



Raspberry Almond Crumb Cake

For the Cake

  • 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs, at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup whole milk Greek yogurt, at room temperature
  • 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp. almond extract
For the Topping

  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 2 T. unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 heaping cup fresh or frozen raspberries (if frozen do not thaw)
  • 1 heaping 1/4 cup slivered almonds


1.  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2.  Grease and lightly flour a 9-inch springform pan.
3.  In a medium bowl, whisk the 1 1/3 cup flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together, then set aside.
4.  In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat the 1/2 cup butter and granulated sugar together on high speed until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes, scarping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
5.  Add the eggs, yogurt, vanilla extract, and almond extract, beating on medium-high speed until combined and scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
6.  Mix in the dry ingredients on low speed until smooth, being careful not to overmix.
7.  Spread the batter into the prepared pan and set aside.
8.  In a small bowl using a fork, mix the 1/4 cup flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon together.
9.  Stir in the melted butter until crumbs form.
10.  Dot raspberries all over the top of the cake batter, then sprinkle the crumbs and sliced almonds on top.
11.  Bake the cake for at least 45 minutes, covering loosely with aluminum foil if it is browning too quickly.  You know it is done if a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
12.  Remove the cake from the oven and allow to slightly cool for a few minutes before slicing.
13.  Enjoy, covering tightly and storing in the fridge for up to 5 days and freezing for up to 3 months.

Comments