Tasty Travels in Sonoma, CA

Hi everyone!  Wow, has it been a long time since I've done a tasty travels post πŸ˜…!  (If you missed the last one, click here.)  In this post, I want to tell you all about my latest tasty travel!

Last Wednesday, a couple of my lady family members and I decided to travel to Sonoma, California together for lunch.  In this quaint town, you'd expect for there to be some good food- and good food there was!  We decided to head over to Della Santina's, a homey Italian restaurant.  And let me tell you, though this restaurant looked simple, it served super tasty food, which I want to walk you throughπŸ˜‹!

1.  Appetizer

The "appetizer" we ordered was a side salad.  I know that that doesn't sound particularly special, but there were a few things about this salad that made it memorable.

First of all, it was served with small spheres of burrata cheese, which is a soft, creamy cheese similar to fresh mozzarella.  For me, this humble cheese added freshness and richness to the salad.

Another element of the side salad that I enjoyed was the pickled onions.  Salty and tangy, these crunchy gems provided textural contrast against the juicy tomatoes and creamy cheese in the salad.

One food that came with our meals was fresh Pugliese bread.  This Italian bread had a toothsome crust but was airy everywhere else.  Served with fruity, musky house olive oil, this homemade bread was a real treat 😍!

2.  Entrees

The two entrees that we ordered at Della Santina's were fantastic πŸ˜‹!  One was cannelloni Florentine, an Italian-style crepe stuffed with a mix of ground meats, drenched in a creamy tomato sauce, and showered with a mix of cheese.  It was enough for two people!!  With all of these wonderful things going on, you probably won't be surprised to know that this was a wonderful dish!



The other entree that we ordered was spiedini misti.  This dish sounds crazy, but it really isn't; it's a medley of roasted chicken, turkey, and duck served with vegetables.  All of the meat was flavorful, juicy, and as an added bonus was organic and locally farm-raised.  And the portions were huge; that entree could have easily served 2 or 3 people!



3.  Dessert

What made dessert extra sweet was that is was on the house because it was the birthday of one of my family members πŸ™ŒπŸŽ‰!  But seriously, this Italian-style strawberry shortcake was decadent and delicious!  Layers of soft white cake soaked in cherry liqueur were separated by sweet strawberries and rich whipped cream and served with a velvety creme anglaise πŸ˜.  It was definitely a special cake that probably took lots of time and effort to make!  (By the way, that wine in the picture was not mine obviously πŸ˜‰!)




So all in all, I had a wonderful dining experience at Della Santina's.  Between the welcoming atmosphere, high-quality ingredients, and large portions of wonderful food, it is definitely worth the extra money!

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram!  I look forward to posting again on Friday 😊!


Comments

  1. Lily! That sounds like a wonderful time. Who did you go with? I definitely want to try this restaurant! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely was a nice, time, Heather! I went with my mom and Aunt. I'm so glad you enjoyed the post :)!

      Delete
  2. This looks so good! I will have to try this out if I go to Sonoma! Glad you had such a great time with your family! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment