Updated Post- Peanut Butter Cup Energy Bites



Hi everyone!  With the school year right around the corner, it's time to start thinking about what to put in your lunchbox!  In my mind, having delicious, wholesome food for the school day can make all the difference.  I'm dedicating today's post to resharing one of my favorite from-scratch snacks.  Why am I resharing this?  Well, for one thing, the photography in the original post is pretty bad 😂😬.  Also, I think now is a good time to start mulling some snack ideas over in your mind!

Don't let the name throw you for a loop; energy bites do not require some complex laboratory experiments to make.  All that these little gems are is essentially a hybrid of a no-bake cookie and a granola bar.

These energy bites get their granola bar quality from the plethora of oats they contain.  Some other superfoods are added to these bites as well.  It might surprise you, but chia seeds and ground flax seeds found their way into these morsels.  Also, unsweetened shredded coconut, which is rich in filling fat got added to the mix.  In short, these bites are packed with filling, wholesome ingredients, making them eligible for a nourishing school snack.

While all of the nutrient-packed foods above might be super good for you, these energy bites needed something that tasted super good.  The trick?  A generous amount of peanut butter and a hearty handful of dark chocolate chips, which give these bites their no-bake cookie-like taste.  In their defense, the addition of these decadent ingredients adds protein, fat, and even a bit of antioxidant to the bites.

Before I forget, if you are looking for other snack ideas, click here.

In closing, let me leave you with two thoughts of mine.  First of all, making a snack from scratch is almost always a better idea than buying one because you have a lot of control over what goes into the snack.  And also, doesn't the amount of nutrition in these bites cancel out the peanut butter cup factor 😉?

I tweaked this recipe to bring you today's recipe.

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram!  I look forward to posting again on Friday 😊!



Peanut Butter Cup Energy Bites

  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
  • 1/4 cup chia seeds
  • 1/4 cups shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
  • 1/4 cup ground flax seed
  • 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1.  In a medium bowl, stir all of the ingredients together until well-combined
2.  Using a tablespoon, scoop spoonfuls of the mixture and shape each tablespoonful into a ball.
3.  Enjoy, storing in the fridge for up to 5 days and freezing for at least a month.

Comments

  1. These look yummy! I think they'd be a great addition to college care packages for my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I will have to put these in my lunch for school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beth! I hope you enjoy!

      Delete
    2. I think Beth means she hopes you put some in her lunchbox for her 😉

      Delete
  3. Awesome recipe. My level of cooking expertise.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment