Instant Pot 15-Bean Soup





Hi everyone!  Even though springtime is just around the corner, I want to share with you a hearty, plant-based soup that can be made in the Instant Pot.

It's pretty silly that there aren't more Instant Pot recipes on this blog.  I mean, the Instant Pot is a super trendy kitchen appliance that works super well for making soups and stews that you can just set and forget.  (Though I will say that you shouldn't forget about what you have in your Instant Pot completely, because you'll miss out on something delicious, like this Instant pot vegan curried carrot and red lentil soup 😉.



Although I will be the first to admit that the Instant Pot isn't meant for cooking everything (such as a stew that needs to be simmered for a while for all the flavors to meld, such as this one), it does do a good job cooking legumes, something I think that it's good to eat more of.  Believe me, I love animal foods (I'm looking at you, pork chili verde), but I think that it's always good to add more plant-based foods into our diets.  While bland beans and raw vegetables, while nutritious, are unappealing, they are transformed in this soup through ham bones and spices into flavorful, appetizing foods that you'll enjoy 😋.

I used this recipe to bring you today's recipe.

That's all for now.  Don't forget to follow me on Instagram!  I look forward to posting again on Friday 😊.  (Hopefully a lightened-up breakfast classic 😋!)



Instant Pot 15-Bean Soup

  • 2 T. olive oil
  • 1 large yellow onion, diced
  • 3 ribs celery, diced
  • 5 carrots, diced
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1-20 oz. bag 15-bean soup mix, rinsed and sorted
  • Chicken bullion and pepper to taste
  • 8 cups water 
  • 2 pounds ham bones
1.  In a sauté pan over medium heat, add the olive oil, onion, celery, and carrots an sauté until the onion is tender, about 3 minutes.
2.  Add the garlic to the pan and sauté until fragrant, about one minute.
3.  Add the cooked vegetable mixture and the rest of the ingredients to the Instant Pot.
4.  Seal the Instant Pot and cook the mixture on high pressure for 35 minutes.
5.  Using tongs, release the pressure from the Instant Pot.
6.  Remove the ham bones from the soup before serving.
7.  Enjoy, storing leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.





Comments

  1. I just got an instapot and am still learning how to use it, but I love it so far

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! Please let me know if you use it to make this soup :)!

      Delete

Post a Comment