Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Happy Saturday guys!  I just finished final a few days ago and am so thankful and relieved to be done!  Let's celebrate with some cookies!


I was out of town yesterday, hence this post is coming Saturday.

Newsflash:  Cookies don't need to be too unhealthy to be indulgent and delicious.  (Breakfast cookies anyone?!)  Today's cookies are no health food, but they make a hearty dessert that you can indulge in.  Here's how.


1.  The Oats

Packed with protein and fiber, oats give these cookies an irresistible chew.  Plus, they work well with the creamy peanut butter.

2.  The Whole Wheat Flour

Like oats, whole wheat flour is full of fiber and give the cookies more substance.

3.  Dark Chocolate Chips

Ok, maybe this seems like a stretch, but it really isn't.  I wrote about the health benefits of dark chocolate in the breakfast cookie post. ( The link is above.)


I don't make these cookies very often, but when I do, I love taking them to the mountains when my family and I go in the summer.


The last time I made these cookies with my friend, Beth, one of us spilled the chocolate chips all over the floor.  I'm putting the picture below just for kicks and giggles 🤣.


Oh, and in case you'r wondering, I made the cookies in the pictures with mini chocolate chips and made extra.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1/3 cup butter
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 cup dark chocolate chips
1.  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2.  In a medium bowl, stir together the oats, flours,  baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3.  In a large bowl, beat the peanut butter and butter together until smooth.
4.  Add the sugars and mix well.
5.  Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
6.  Stir in the oat mixture.
7. Fold in the chocolate chips.
8.  Using a 1.5 T. cookie scoop, shape the dough into balls and flatten a little with a fork, putting the balls in 3 rows of 4 on a cookie sheet.
9.  Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes.
10.  Enjoy, storing at room temperature for up to 3 days and freezing for at least 1 month.

Comments

  1. Ugh yes I remember spilling those. I take all the blame...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually it was the bag... it was too hard to open so I yanked SO hard and then it tore 3/4 of the way down. So I take it back, it was totally the bag's fault ;) lol

      Delete
    2. So it didn't break because you yanked it "SO" hard XD?

      Delete

Post a Comment