Salmon Patties

Hi everyone!  I'm really sorry for the late post.  I've had a lot of technological difficulties these days.....

For starters, my phone went for a swim when the water from by bottle flooded my gym bag 😭.  This means that all my food pictures were lost, so I'll be posting a lot of posts sans pictures...  However, I need to find out if my pictures were backed up on The Cloud.  If so, I'll be ok!  But either way, they are just pictures and it's just a phone.  Life goes on 😉...

Then, I got signed out of Blogger and couldn't figure out how to sign back in until this morning!  So here I am, ready to post something new and exciting:  Fish!

It might sounds intimidating, but it's really not.  This is because we're starting with canned salmon!  This may be surprising coming from someone who's not a huge fan of boxed cake mix, but hey, it works because I use the canned wild-caught Alaskan salmon from Trader Joe's.  Obviously you don't have to use this kind, but I think it gives you the most nutritional bang for your buck.

So we start with this super nutritious salmon....how do we keep it nutritious but still a rich, comforting patty?  Well, instead of throwing in a bunch of breadcrumbs made with white bread, we use whole wheat bread crumbs!  This gives the salmon patty substance to hold it together but also adds healthy carbs.

And unlike many salmon patties which have hydrogenated oils, these use some milk and eggs, adding even more protein!

These salmon patties are great on their own, but go well with other dishes, too.  Need a quick/easy/healthy weeknight dinner?  Pair with this zucchini side and top with this hummus.  Yum 😋!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Salmon Patties
  • 1 15 oz. can salmon (preferably wild-caught Alaskan)
  • 1/2 of a medium red bell pepper, diced
  • 1/3 1/2 of a white onion, diced
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 3/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup cilantro or parsley, chopped
  • 3 T. olive oil
1.  In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients except the olive oil together.
2.  Form the mixture into patties of desired size.
3.  Coat a sauté pan with olive oil.
4.  Pan-fry the patties in the prepared pan until golden brown on both sides.
5.  Enjoy, storing in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.



Comments