From the Heart- Aspirin Side Effects, An Interesting Connection, + New Possibilities

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram!

Hi everyone!  Happy Monday!  It's been a while since I've done a medical post and I have lots to tell you, so let's get started!

By God's grace, my health has been good πŸ™‹!  However, I've got some medical things to talk to y'all about!

In this post, I talked about one of the downsides of aspirin:  it takes a little longer to get cuts to stop bleeding, which isn't the biggest deal but can be annoying 😬.  Another side effect of aspirin is easier bruising.   I experienced this the other day when I fell off a bike a week ago (keyword:  a, not mine πŸ˜†).  Thankfully, God protected me and I was not seriously hurt, except for a cut on my knee, a bruise on my arm, and a sore shoulder.  It wasn't a big deal, but I want to tell you this to be honest with you about how meds can affect life πŸ˜‰.  I''m thankful that the cut and bruise are not on my face or something!

I made an interesting connection recently!  I was wearing this shirt and a girl I was volunteering with asked me if I watch the Frey Life.  I told her yes and asked her the same thing.  When she said that she does, I was so surprised that I asked her again.  It was just cool to meet someone for the first time who watches the same medical vlog as I do!

Also, this weekend I got a fever but by God's grace, I'm all better now!  Anyways, I thought I would take this instance to share with you all what I know about precautions to take when you have a CHD and get a fever.  To preface this, I would say that these precautions are probably good for any person who gets a fever, but especially for someone with a CHD.  Even though fevers aren't generally a big deal, I think it's especially important for those with a CHD to be a little careful when they have a fever because having a fever can cause an increase in heart rate.  Therefore, since the heart of a person with a CHD is compromised and fevers make the heart work harder than normal, it's a good idea if you have a CHD and get a fever to really take it easy and drink lots of water.  Also, if need be and it's ok with your doctor, don't hesitate to take a fever-reducer.  Although it won't cure the fever, I think it will give your heart a little reprieve from work πŸ˜‰.

Lastly, I just want to say a few things that I found out regarding some possible natural remedies for varicose veins.  I found these things from some resources that my Aunt Trish has.  She is a nutrition consultant and knows a lot about natural remedies. The other day, I was telling her about my poorer circulation and she kindly wanted to find out if there might possibly be a natural remedy for that.  With some research, we found from this book that certain fruits, like blueberries and cherries, can help improve blood circulation.  I think that's so cool and will definitely be making my best effort to eat a serving of one of those each day (which shouldn't be too hard to swallow since I love both of those fruits πŸ˜πŸ˜‹).  Another tactic to help improve blood circulation is earthing, which involves putting your bare feet on a natural surface.  This video explains it very well.  I think it's a great idea, plus, it's free and easy!

I look forward to posting again on Friday!  Stay tuned for Friday's post, which will be really special 😁!

Comments